Tampa & Brandon, FL’s Favorite Orthodontist
For Teen Braces
Specializing In Metal Braces, Clear Braces &
If your child is between the ages of 11 and 15 years of age and has not yet seen an orthodontist in Tampa or Brandon, FL, now is the time!
Typically, most people will have lost all of their baby teeth, and all of their permanent teeth will have erupted by age 13. Once all the permanent teeth have erupted, any orthodontic problems – such as poor bite, crooked teeth, or abnormal spacing – can be easily detected. Orthodontic problems will not correct themselves, so by this age an orthodontist’s intervention is essential!
At your initial consultation, Dr.Turke will evaluate your teen for the following issues:
- Improper bite relationships
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear
- Openbites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments
- Jaw growth abnormalities
- Narrow arches
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Difficulty chewing and biting
- Finger sucking and other oral habits
- Speech difficulties
- Facial imbalance
- Mouth Breathing
- Protruding teeth, which are more susceptible to accidental chipping
- Crowding, misplaced, or blocked-out teeth
Should your teen require orthodontic treatment, Dr.Turke will devise a treatment plan in his or her best interest. He uses the latest in orthodontic technology to treat your teen, including metal braces, clear braces, or Invisalign Teen. Ask Dr.Turke which is the best type of braces or orthodontics for your child’s new smile!