It was not that long ago that my daughter got married. There was just so much planning and so many check lists (so many lists!) and running around to do to – what an investment of time! According to MarryThis.com, your wedding checklist should look something like this:
WHEN YOU GET ENGAGED
- Settle on your budget.
- Start gathering names and addresses for your guest list.
- Narrow down your potential date to two or three possibilities.
- Research locations for your wedding/reception venue(s).
- Create a wedding website, if you’re going to do so.
12 MONTHS BEFORE
- Hire a photographer/videographer. DO NOT procrastinate. Many photographers are fully-booked up to a year in advance.
- “Call Turke Orthodontics and schedule your orthodontic evaluation and begin to pursue your picture-perfect wedding day smile!
- Begin shopping for wedding dresses.
- Choose your bridal party and attendants.
- Finalize the date after considering venue and photographer availability.
- Book a block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests.
11 MONTHS BEFORE
- Choose bridesmaid’s dresses.
- Plan the ceremony and reception décor.
- Meet with your florist to decide what types of bouquets and center pieces you need.
- Book your caterer.
10 MONTHS BEFORE
- Finalize your guest list.
- Set up gift registries.
- Search for an officiant or have a friend or family member get ordained to perform the ceremony.
- Hire the musicians for the live music.
- Choose ceremony and reception music. Test out your playlist a few times before the big day so you know what music is best during dancing versus dinner time.
9 MONTHS BEFORE
- Order your gown and have any necessary alterations done.
8 MONTHS BEFORE
- Order hair accessories and jewelry.
- Plan and book your honeymoon (for international excursions).
6 MONTHS BEFORE
- Order the wedding cake.
- Edit, proof and print your wedding invitations. Don’t forget the envelopes and stamps!
- Do a few hair and makeup run-throughs so you can test out products and tweak your final look.
5 MONTHS BEFORE
- Make arrangements for any rental items (tables, chairs, linens, etc.) you may need.
- Arrange any additional sound equipment you’ll need to provide music for the ceremony and reception.
4 MONTHS BEFORE
- Choose the groom’s attire and make necessary alterations.
- Purchase any other bridal accessories including shoes, lingerie and garter.
- Plan and book your honeymoon (for local excursions).
- Send out Save the Date cards.
3 MONTHS BEFORE
- Book accommodations for your wedding night.
- Order the gifts for your bridesmaids and groomsmen.
2 MONTHS BEFORE
- Address, stamp and mail your invitations.
- Finalize the menu with your caterer. Don’t forget drinks!
6 WEEKS BEFORE
- Purchase wedding bands.
- Confirm number of bouquets, centerpieces, and boutonnieres with florist.
4 WEEKS BEFORE
- Finish and DIY projects.
2 WEEKS BEFORE
- Get your local marriage license lined up.
- Create a wedding day schedule and pass it out to important parties (including photographer).
- Give a final guest head count to the caterer.
- Finalize seating chart.
- Confirm all vendors’ arrival or delivery times on the wedding day and access to the venue.
ON THE DAY!
- Have a trusted friend or family member handle vendors’ payments on the wedding day.
- Enjoy your new picture-perfect wedding day smile!
I was amazed to find out that besides setting the wedding budget and selecting the venue, one of the first things that needs to be done is choose a wedding photographer/videographer. Apparently, the top wedding photographers are booked more than a year in advance. This is important because the photos and video will capture and preserve all of the special moments of this wonderful event – from the engagement to the wedding and the after-party!
Brides give so much thought and consideration to their hair and the dress, but the last thing you want to see when you look back at your wedding photos is a smile you are less than thrilled about. Many brides-to-be focus on everything else and forget about their smiles. Your smile will show everyone how happy you were on your special day, so give them something exceptional to see!
I am so glad that my daughter’s wedding day was preserved on film! It brings me such pleasure to look back on the photos of my daughter’s wedding day and see the joyous smile on her face, and to know that she indeed has married the man of her dreams!
Don’t come to regret the smile in your wedding photos! You still have time to correct whatever you don’t currently love about your smile. With advanced orthodontic technology such as Invisalign, clear braces and accelerated orthodontic treatment options, a picture-perfect wedding day smile can be in your future!
Add another item on your wedding checklist – “Call Turke Orthodontics and schedule your orthodontic evaluation and begin to pursue your picture-perfect wedding day smile!